GBPUAT 2021 basic details: The Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUAT) is responsible for conducting the Pantnagar University entrance exam. It selects the students based on merit to various undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses. The Government of India collaborated with Agricultural Universities of U.S.A. to set up the UP Agricultural University. It was the first agricultural university in India and later it was renamed as Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology to honour Pt. Govind Ballabh Pant.
GBPUAT has released the application form for admission into its UG, PG and PhD courses. Interested candidates can apply online before the deadline. The last date to fill the application form for Masters, MCA, and PhD programs is April 30, 2021. While for the M.Tech programs, the last date of application is May 15, 2021.
Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUAT) was established in the year 1960. The main campus of the university is located in Udham Singh Nagar district of Uttarakhand. The University is recognised by both UGC and AICTE. It is one the most popular universities of the country which offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctorate programmes
GBPUAT offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programs under different departments.
- Admission to all the courses is based on merit in the entrance exam conducted by GBPUAT followed by Counselling.
- Admission for the B.Tech. is done on the basis of JEE Main score.
- Securing admission in M.Tech courses depends upon the GATE exam score.
- Candidates are selected for MBA course on the basis of CAT/CMAT score followed by Group Discussion and Personal interview.
- Admission to the MCA course will be done on the basis of a separate entrance exam conducted by GBPUAT, Pantnagar.
- Interested applicants can fill the application form online.
- The application fee for General and OBC candidates is INR 1200/- and for SC/ST/PH candidates is INR 600/-.
GBPUAT 2021 Admission Highlights
|Name of Institute||Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology|
|Also Known As||GBPUAT|
|University Type||State University|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG and Ph.D.|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance-Based|
|Name of Entrance Exam||B.Tech. – JEE Main|
|M.Tech. – GATE|
|MBA – CAT/CMAT|
GBPUAT UG Admission 2021: B.Sc., B.V.Sc. And B.F.Sc.
GBPUAT offers B.Sc., B.V.Sc and B.F.Sc. courses in various specializations. The duration of B.Sc. and B.F.Sc. & AH is 4 years while B.V.Sc. is offered for a duration of 5 years.
The basic eligibility for all the courses is a pass in Intermediate/10+2 in relevant subjects. Admission is based on the Entrance Exam conducted by the University.
|Course||Specialization||Seats||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Criteria|
|B.Sc. (Hons)||Agriculture||130||Intermediate Agriculture/Science with Mathematics or Biology.||Merit obtained in the Entrance Examination conducted by the University|
|Community Science||70||Intermediate Science with Mathematics or Biology|
|B.V.Sc. & AH||Veterinary Science and Agricultural Horticulture||62||Intermediate Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English or equivalent examination and should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for General Category and 47.5% for reserved categories (OBC, SC & ST) in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.|
For Candidates educated abroad: The students (who are educated abroad) seeking admission in Veterinary colleges in India should have passed the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English up to the 12th Standard level with 50% marks in aggregate of these subjects
|B.F.Sc.||–||20||Intermediate Science with Biology/Agriculture or equivalent examination|
How to Apply for GBPUAT 2021
The application form will be available in online mode only. The steps to apply for any of the courses offered by the university are mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of GBPUAT.
- Register by providing details such as email, mobile number, name, date of birth, desired program and domicile.
- Upon successful registration, login using the mobile number/ registration number and password.
- Now fill the application form with personal, qualification and communication details.
- Also upload scanned documents of photograph, signature and left thumb impression.
- After filling the form, pay application fee of INR 1200/- (INR 600/- for SC/ST/PH candidates) through Credit Card/ Debit Card or Internet Banking.
- Post payment, take a printout of the confirmation page.
NOTE – In case a candidate wants to appear for other Master’s programme in addition to MCA then he/she need to fill a separate application form
Candidates need to submit the following documents along with the application form:
- Confirmation page print out of application form.
- Copy of Online Fee Receipt
- Self attested copy of Uttarakhand/J & K Domicile certificate (For UG only)
- Self attested copy of Category and Weightage Certificate, if eligible
- Self attested copies of High School Certificate and Certificate/Marks-sheet of qualifying examination
NOTE – Candidate must retain a photocopy of filled in Confirmation Page and Fee Receipt for future correspondence.
GBPUAT 2021 Reservation Policy
GBPUAT reserves certain seats for the Reserved categories under Vertical and Horizontal Reservation. The table below shows the percentage of seats reserved for different categories.
|Horizontal Reservation (UG)|
|Children of retired/killed or disabled Defence Personnel of Uttarakhand||2%|
|Children of Freedom Fighters of Uttarakhand||2%|
|Physically Handicapped of Uttarakhand having disability 40% or above||3%|
|Women Candidates of Uttarakhand||30%|
GBPUAT 2021 Scholarships
The university offers various Scholarships to meritorious students of different programmes which are mentioned as follows:
- Scholarship for Ph.D. Programme – The University awards 2 fellowships of INR 6000/- per month on the basis of merit in a major (discipline) for a period of 36 months.
- Scholarship for PG Programme – Master’s degree students upto 50% of the total in respect of each Majors are awarded Graduate Research/Teaching Assistantship. However, the value of Assistantship will be of Rs. 2000/- per month for the student who stands 1st in the merit and for the rest, the value of the assistantship shall be Rs.900/- per month in each degree programme. GATE fellowships are provided to GATE qualified M.Tech. students for a period of 24 months.
- Exemption in Tuition Fee – The exemption in tuition fee is awarded to the wards (sons/ daughters/ spouses) of regular employees of the University as per rules.
- Scholarship for UG Programme – The following Scholarships are awarded too students of UG programme:
|Scholarship||Value (INR)||Awarded To|
|University Merit-Scholarship||800 per month||Best 3 students in each degree programme of each batch|
|Free Ship in Tuition Fee||–||25% undergraduate students on rolls of the University on the basis of merit-cum-means as per prescribed rules|
|Sports Scholarship||800 per month||Best 6 all round three sportsmen and three sports women as per prescribed rules|
GBPUAT 2021 Fees & Eligibility
|B.Sc (Ag.)||₹41,736 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|B.V.Sc||₹57,439 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|M.Sc||₹49,108 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|B.Tech||₹61,024 (1st Year Fees)||10+2 + JEE Main|
|B.Sc||₹41,736 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|M.C.A||₹41,424 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|MBA||₹27,540 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50% + CMAT|
M.Phil/Ph.D in Agriculture
M.Phil/Ph.D in Design
M.Phil/Ph.D in Engineering
M.Phil/Ph.D in Management
M.Phil/Ph.D in Science
Ph.D in Veterinary Science
Courses Offered Through GBPUAT Exam
Several courses are offered to the candidates who are willing to take the GBPUAT entrance exam. The Candidate can select the course of his/her choice and move forward with the admission procedure. The list of UG and PG courses offered by GBPUAT is given below:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Agriculture (Hons.)
- BSc (Hons) in Community Science
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science
- BSc Food Technology
- Masters of Computer Applications
- Masters in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
The University also offers admission to these courses based on the scores obtained by the candidates in the national-level entrance exam.
- Master of Technology (MTech) – Based on GATE scores
- Bachelor of Engineering and Technology (BE/ BTech) – Based on JEE Main scores
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Based on CAT and CMAT scores