Hau 6year program agriculture imp mcq.
- The science concerned with vegetable culture iscalled as….
(a) floriculture (b) olericulture
(c) horticulture (d) agriculture Ans. (b)
- Which of the following elements is almost non essential for plants?
(a) Ca (b) Mo (c) Zn (d) Na Ans. (d)
- Although a deficiency of any one of the elements listed may result in chlorosis, only one of these
elements is an element found in chlorophyll. Which is it?
(a) Zinc (b) Iron (c) Magnesiue (d) Chloride Ans. (c)
- Which of the following elements is not present in a nitrogenous base?
(a) Hydrogen (b) Carbon (c) Phosphorus (d) Nitrogen Ans. (c)
- A water-fern, which is used as a green manure in rice fields, is
(a) Salvinia (b) Mucor (c) Aspergillus (d) Azolla Ans. (d)
- Green manure plants used by farmers mainly belong to the family
(a) Compositae (b)Leguminosae (c) Solanaceae (d) Poaceae Ans. (b)
- Major food crops of the world belong to
(a) leguminosae (b) gramineae (c) solanaceae (d) cruciferae Ans. (b)
- The principal cereal crop of India is
(a) wheat (b) rice (c) barley (d) sorghum Ans. (b)
- Which one among the following chemicals is used for causing defoliation of forest trees?
(a) Posphon D (b) Malic hydrazide (c) 2, 4-D (d) Amo 1618 Ans. (c)
- Bioherbicides have been recommended
(a) to prevent ecodegradation (b) because of their ready availability
(c) because of their cheap rates (d) because of their abundance Ans. (a)
- The most important weed against which eradication measures would be taken on war footings is
(a) Eichhornia (b) Dactylis (c) Parthenium (d) Ageratum Ans. (c)
- Water logging of soil makes it physiologically dry because
(a) this condition does not allow the capillary force to work
(b) this condition does not allow oxygen to enter the soil
(c) both (a) and (b) (d) none of these Ans. (b)
- Which one of the following is natural insecticide?
(a) Pyrethrum (b) Nicotine (c) both (a) and (b) (d) none of these Ans. (c)
- The process by which nutrient chemicals or contaminants are dissolved and carried away by
water, or are moved into a lower layer of Soil
(a) Mulching (b) Desertification (c) Incineration (d) leaching Ans. (d)
- Which of the following is an example of a weed of Rabi season that infest wheat crop?
(a) Chenopodium (b) Motha (c) Jangalijowar (d) None of the above Ans. (a)
- First Bioinsecticide developed commercial scale was
(a) Quinine (b) DDT (c) Organophosphate (d) Sporeine Ans. (d)
- Composted manure is produced from
(a) farmyard manure and green manure (b) farm refuse and household refuse
(c) organic remains of biogas plants (d) rotten vegetables and animal refuse Ans. (d)
- Norin-l0 gene from Japan is a
(a) dwarf gene of wheat (b) dwarf gene of rice
(c) dwarf gene of maize (d) disease resistant gene of rice Ans. (a)
- Aims of plant breeding are to produce
(a) disease-free varieties (b) high-yielding varieties
(c) early-maturing varieties (d) all of the above Ans. (d)
- Growing of two or more crops simultaneously on the same piece of land is called-
(a) mixed cropping (b) mixed farming (c) intercropping (d) fanning Ans. (a)
- The Mexican dwarf wheat variety was developed by
(a) M.S.Swaminathan (b)N.E. Borlaugh (c) Watson (d) Khush Ans. (b)
- The desired varieties of economically useful crops are raised by
(a) Vemalisation (b) Mutation (c) Natural selection(d) Hybridisation Ans. (d)
- High-yielding varieties of wheat were primarily developed by Indian scientist by crossing-
breeding traditional varieties with
(a) American varieties (b) Mexican varieties (c) European varieties (d) African varieties
- A plant breeder: waists to develop a disease resistant variety. What should he do first?
(a) Hybridisation (b) Mutation (c) Selection (d) Production of crop Ans. (c)
- Dry farming in India is extensively Practised in
(a) Punjab plains (b) Deccan region (c) Kanara plains (d) Coromendal plains Ans-B
- Which is the main source of irrigation of agriculture land in India?
(a) Tanks (b) River (c) Wells (d) Canals Ans- C
27.In which state of India wet agriculture is practised ?
(a) Karnatak (b) Andhra Pradesh (c) Kerala (d) Tamil Nadu Ans- C
- India has been divided into how many principal cotton growing regions?
(a)Three (b) Two (c) Five (d) Four Ans- C
29.The major agriculture land in India is under
(a) Plantation crops (b) Food crops (c) Cash crops (d) oil seeds Ans-B
30.Jhum cultivation is prevalent in
(a) Manipur (b) Madhya Pradesh (c) Punjab (d) Haryana Ans-A
- Fishing is highly developed along the western coast of India as
(a) The continental shelf along the western coast is not well developed
(b) The continental shelf along the western coast is well pronounced–
(c) The continental slope along the western coast is well developed
(d) The continental slope along the western coast is not well developed Ans–B
- The state with highest production of large cardamon in India is
(a) Meghalaya (b) Arunachal Pradesh (c) Sikkim (d) Assam Ans-C
- Which crop is sown in the largest area in M.P ?
(a) Jowar (b) Soyabeen (c) Rice (d) Wheat Ans-C
- Green Revolution in India has so far been the most succesful in the case of
(a) Rice & wheat (b) Tea & coffee (c) Wheat &potato (d) Mustard &Oilseeds Ans- A
- Which of the following is not matched ?
(A) Varuna—lrrigated or unirrigated condition (B) Vardan—Un.irrigated condition
(C) Narendra•85 —Saline soil (D) K-88-Black grain Ans:D
36.Which is not matched Correctly ?
(A) Blight ——Manc0zeb 75 W.P. (C) Downy mildew —Zineb (B) White Blister-02% spray of Radomil
(D) Smut —Endosulfan Ans – D
- How much kg of sugarcane seed is required for sowing one hectare ?
(A) 7000 – 7500 kg (B) 5500 – 6000 kg (C) 8000 – 8500 kg (D) 5200 – 5500 kg Ans:A
- Which is a variety of Oat ?
(A) K•12 (B) Naveen (C) LD-491 (D) Kent Ans:D
- How much seed per hectare is needed for Berseem ?
(A) 18 — 22 kg (B) 25 — 30 kg (C) 30 – 35 kg (D) 15 — 20 kg Ans:B
- What is the average annual production of European variety of honeybee colony ?
(A) 14 kg (B) 16 kg (C) 10 kg (D) 8 kg Ans:C
- How much tomatoes are required for one kg tomato seeds ?
(A) 50 – 300 kg (B) 300 — 350 kg (C) 160 — 210 kg (D) 200 — 250 kg Ans:C
- Inarching method is used for culture of which fruits crops-
(A) Mango and Guava (B) Mango and Grapes (C) Guava and Litchi (D) Phalsa and Guava Ans:A
- Generally during summer and khurq‘ seasons annual plants produce bloom in how many days ?
(A) 60 — 70 days(B) 70 —— 80 days (C) 70 — 75 days (D) 50 – 60 days Ans:C
- Makhdum is a variety for which crop?
(A) Badam (Almond)(cknke)PurunsdulsisFamily Rosaceae (B) Date palm([ktwj)Phoenix
dactiliferaFamilyPalmaeor Aracaecae (C) Walnut(v[kjksV)Juglansregia Family Juglandaceae
(D) Coconut(ukfj;y) Cocosnucifera FamilyPalmae or Aracaeca Ans:A
- Which is the Goat breed reared in the city?
(A) Beetle (B) Surati (C) Marwadi (D) Barbari Ans:D
- A hen starts egg laying after how many weeks?
(A) 15 weeks (B) 20 weeks (C) 18 weeks (D) 16 weeks Ans:B
- How much is the fat percentagein the milk of Bhadavaribuffalo ?
(A) 15 — 18% (B) 8 – 13% (C) 13 – 16% (D) 6 – 10% Ans:B
- Television broadcast for ruraldevelopment programmes inIndia started in-
(A) 1947 (B) 1957 (C) 1967 (D) 1977 Ans:D
- Which of the following pointsrefers to the economic level ofoutput ?
(A) MR<mc (B) MR>MC (C) MR = AC (D) MR = MC</mc Ans:D
- What is the correct order of C3plants ?
(A) Sugarcane — Paddy – Bajra—Maize(B) Groundnut — Potato — Wheat— Soybean(C) Potato —
Paddy — Bajra —W‘heat (D) Paddy – Sugarcane – Soybean –Bajra Ans:C