HuKUK Msc chemistry Entrance syllabus: Kuk is the most popular University in Haryana.Kurukshetra University was established on 11 January 1957 in Kurukshetra in Haryana, India, 160 km from Delhi. It is a member of Association of Commonwealth Universities. The university was the dream of the then Punjab governor, Sir Chandeshwar Prasad Narayan Singh, a Sanskrit scholar, who wanted to set up an institute to promote Indian culture and traditions. Kurukshetra University declares result for Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses at result.kuk.ac.in.
Kuk Msc chemistry Entrance syllabus and about exam
The Entrance Exam will be Conducted for the Admission in many UG/ PG Courses. The Exam will be Conducted soon on the Various dates which is started form -.06.2020 to -.06.2020 for PG Entrance examination.
Date will uploaded soon as per University notification.
Exam Pattern And Syllabus :-
KUK Msc chemistry Entrance syllabus
The Exam pattern is as follows:
- The Exam Will be Objective Type.
- Entrance Test will be of the level of qualifying examination.
- Exam will be of 50 questions.
- There will be no negative marking.
- One question carry 2marks mean total marks will be 100.
- Time of exam will be one hour.
Entrance Examination Syllabus for Msc chemistry 2020
I. Atomic Structure Idea of de Broglie matter waves, Heinsenberg’s uncertainty principle, atomic orbitals, quantum numbers, radial and angular wave functions,normal and orthogonal wave functions, significance of Ψ and Ψ2 , probability distribution curves, shapes of s, p, d, f orbitals, Aufbau and Pauli exclusion principles, Hund’s multiplicity
rules, Electronic configuration of elements, effective nuclear charge, Slater’s rules.
II. Periodic table and atomic properties: Classification of periodic table into s, p, d, f blocks,
atomic and ionic radii, ionisation energy, electron affinity and electronegativity definition,
methods of determination or evaluation, trend in periodic table (in s and p-block elements), Pauling , Mulliken, Allred Rachow and Mulliken Jaffe’s electronegativity scale, Sanderson’s electron density ratio.
III. Covalent Bond: Valence bond theory (Heitler-London and Pauling approach) and its limitation, directional characteristics of covalent bond, various type of hybridisation and shapes of simple inorganic molecules and ions (BeF2, BF3, CH4, PF5, SF6, IF7, SO42-, ClO4-1, NO3-1) valence shell electron pair repulsion (VSEPR) theory to NH3, H3O+, SF4, ClF3,H2O, SnCl2, ClO3-1
and ICl2-1. Molecular orbital theory of Homonuclear (N2, O2) Heteronuclear (CO and NO) diatomic molecules and ions, bond energy, bond angle, bond
length and dipole moments, percentage ionic character from dipole moment and electronegativity difference.
IV. Ionic Solids Ionic structures (NaCl, CsCl, ZnS (Zinc blende), CaF2) size effects, radius ratio rule and its limitations, Madelung constant, Stoichiometric and Non stoichiometric defects in crystals, Lattice energy (Mathematical derivation excluded) and Born Haber
cycle, Solvation energy and its relation with solubility of Ionic solids, Polarizing power and Polarisability of ions, Fajan’s rule.
V. Metallic Bond and semiconductors Metallic bond – Qualitative idea of valence bond and
Band theories of metallic bond (conductors, semiconductors, insulators). Semiconductors
– Introduction, types and applications.
VI. S-Block elements Comparative study of the elements including diagonal relationship, Anomalous behaviour of Lithium and Beryllium compared to other elements in the same group, salient features of hydrides, oxides, halides, hydroxides ( methods of preparation
excluded), behaviour of solution in liquid NH3.
VII. P-Block elements: Electronic configuration, atomic and ionic size, metallic character, melting point, ionization energy, electron affinity, Electronegativity, inert pair effect and
diagonal relationship. Chemistry of Noble Gases General physical properties, low chemical
reactivity, chemistry of xenon, structure and bonding in fluorides, oxides and oxyfluorides of xenon.
VIII. Chemistry of d-Block elements Definition of transition elements, position in the periodic
table, General characteristic properties of d-Block elements, Comparison of properties of
3d elements with 4d and 5d elements with reference only to ionic radii, oxidation state,magnetic and spectral properties and stereo chemistry. Stability of various oxidation states
and e.m.f (Latimer and Frost diagrams), Structure and properties of some compounds of transition elements- TiO2, VOCl2, FeCl3, CuCl2 and Ni(CO)4.
Physical chemistry and organic chemistry.
KUK Msc chemistry Entrance syllabus
Click here to download syllabus
Important Instruction For Entrance Examination 2020
- Candidates will be given a sealed Entrance Booklet containing questions as well as the OMR answer sheet 15 minutes before the start of the Exam. During these 15 minutes, the candidates should read the instructions and fill all the required particulars in the Exam. Booklet and OMR sheet.
- Candidates must sign with a ball-point pen at the appropriate place on the front page of the question booklet as well as the answer-sheet. Candidates should open the paper seal of the Exam. Booklet only when they are asked to do soby the Invigilator.
- The OMR Answer Sheet must be returned to the invigilator before leaving the Examination Hall and the Question Booklet may be carried by the candidates.
- The candidates are advised to go through the instructions carefully given on the OMR Answer Sheet at the time of Entrance Exam.
- Candidates should bring their own good quality blue/black ball-point pens for making entries in the OMR Answer-Sheet. These will not be supplied by the University.
- Candidates are advised not to fold, put any stray mark or do any rough work on the
- All the entries in the OMR Answer Sheet should be made strictly according to the instructions given to the candidates in the Examination Hall.
- Use of books, papers, slide rules, log tables, cellular phones, calculators, pagers, digital diaries etc. will not be allowed in the Examination Hall.
- If any candidate is found guilty of breach of any rules mentioned in the Prospectus or guilty of using unfair means, he/she will be liable to be punished by the competent authority of the University.
- The candidates will be allowed to appear in the Entrance provisionally, subject to fulfilling the prescribed eligibility conditions/criteria given in the Prospectus.The candidates shall have no right to claim admission to any course merely due to their appearing in the Entrance Exam.
- Specimen OMR Answer Sheet along with relevant instructions is appended.
- KUK Msc chemistry Last year Cutt off 2019 and Cutt off for 2020.
- Click here